Sunday, January 27, 2008

Here n There

Long time no post? Mainly because I have nothing new to say. My life has settled back into the usual rigmarole. Work is boring with a capital B, conversations revolve around the presidential cycle and since it is freezing cold, weekends are spent at home watching movies and eating (which reminds me of all the weight that I have put on). The presidential debates started by being a lot of fun btw - as one of the friends said, seem like glorified version of Indian politicians addressing villages and promising things they would forget the minute they are in the seat. However, they just seem to go on and on now. They are not going to select a presidential candidate till August and that just means there'll be nothing to watch on TV for the next six months. One of my childhood friends - we were neighbours and grew up together king of friend - is coming to NYC in March so that is something to look forward to. Oh - actually my birthday is in the middle but there is no longer that happy anticipation I used to feel as a kid - ah, growing old. One good thing that happened was that I figured I want to do an interior design course. Let me put some background to this - I have been thinking of doing something creative outside of work, to not waste time watching TV and this something should be what I like doing, and would love to learn more about. So it came to be suddenly like a bulb going in my head on a day I was home sick, that I would love to do a course in interior design. I love decorating my house - when I come back from India, half my suitcase is full of home decoration stuff. This time I actually got a beautiful cover stitched for our Ikea futon mattress because I want to have low seating in our living room. So anyways, I am still finding about the kind of courses offered etc but am excited about learning something new and creative - hope this fad lasts!

1 comment:

Kurush said...

You go girl! Your house already looks like an amateur decorator has done it up, but will look forward to more "artistic" (eclectic?) decor in the near future.